In general these can be found in the Scottish Outdoor Access Code visit www.outdooraccess-scotland.com
We like to see people coming to visit our lovely area but please be aware that Findhorn Bay local Nature Reserve also expects the following from you.
- Respect the interests of other people and the wildlife
- The bay is used for multiple activities please respect others in the normal rules of the sea, ie give way to sail etc.
- Motorised vehicles such as hovercraft, motorbikes, quad bikes are not allowed on the bay or on its environs, this disturbs the wildlife which uses the margins.
- Wildfowlers are legally in action at the south end of the bay between September and February. During this period please be aware that they are entitled to shoot wildfowl and will have dogs for collecting the game.
- Show consideration for people fishing and keep a safe distance if an angler is casting a line.
- Care for the environment
- Keep it clean – take away all your rubbish and consider picking up other litter as well.
- Do not leave any food scraps as these might be eaten by animals which could spread diseases.
- Pick up after dogs and take home or place in the bins provided, do not expect the tide to remove it for you.
- Do not light fires, the climate in this area is dry and so fires can quickly get out of control. In the Culbin Forest it is illegal.
- Take responsibility for the actions of yourself and others with you including dogs.
- Keep dogs under close control on a lead, especially during the bird breeding season a lot of the birds that breed in the bay do so on the ground so dogs running over their areas can upset a whole breeding season. It is not amusing to the flocks of birds when dogs run into to them and constantly disperse them.
- Keep small children under close control for the same reasons as above but also the carse land can be boggy and it is uneven, children can fall and do serious harm to themselves.
- The Carse is not suitable for riding horses or on the sands as is very uneven and there can be patches of sinking sand.
- No commercial extraction of molluscs or bait digging
- Small amounts for personal use are permitted. If you just need a few shellfish for your personal use or a small amount of bait for fishing you are welcome but commercial extraction is punishable by law. We hold no responsibility for the quality of the shellfish. Please fill any holes back in.